We've Found 3 Facial Tools That You Need!
With the introduction of the holistic health revolution and our never-ending quest to reverse the aging process, facial tools have taken center stage. Some of them use older, more traditional methods of firming and toning the skin - like Gua Sha - and others use newer technology to completely rejuvenate and sculpt. Facial tools are a relatively inexpensive way to manage your skin care concerns and improve the appearance of things like fine lines and wrinkles. Let’s have a look at how they work and why you should be investing in facial tools!
WHY USE FACIAL TOOLS
Different facial tools have proven to have some of the following benefits:
- Improves lymphatic flow and drainage
- Improves blood flow
- Reduces puffiness
- Reduces inflammation
- Cools and soothes skin
- Provides relaxation
- Distributes skincare ingredients more evenly
Any investment into your skin care routine is going to be worth your money, especially if they show real results and combat your specific skin care needs. Self care is also an important part of navigating our daily lives in a healthy way. It’s a win-win! So, we’ve compiled a list if our favorite facial tools and how to use them to get the results you’re after.
3 FACIAL TOOLS YOU WE’RE LOVING
Gua sha stones are a tool used to relieve tension, sculpt skin, and increase circulation. They are traditionally made of jade or quartz. The stones come in a variety of shapes and usually have a smaller edge that can be used near the eyes or nose.
- Irons out frown lines in the eyebrow and forehead area
- Smooths fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth and nose
- Lifts and tightens loose skin at the neck and jawline
- Improves radiance by removing stagnation in the skin
- Improves skin firmness by increasing the rate of cell turnover
- Massaging the scalp helps meridians related to relaxation, reducing fatigue and hair rejuvenation
- Relieves muscle tension in the body
- Helps stimulate the lymphatic system to release toxins
How To Use
- Clean your face using a good quality cleanser
- Use the Gua Sha 1 - 2 times a week after applying a serum or oil
- Start gliding the Gua Sha from the center of the face (applying pressure) towards the ears. The flatter end of the tool is suitable for the cheek and forehead area whereas the opposite end is more suitable for the chin area.
- The skin may appear slightly redder after 5 minutes; this is a good sign as it is an indication of circulation.
Use this handy Gua Sha facial map to smooth and sculpt your skin:
The traditional Chinese medicine doctrine, indicates that the reflex tool works under the idea that similar physical shapes in the body hold similar energies.
For example, when you use a tool for the nose, you can be connected to the spine since they are both long and straight, therefore considered to be connected and similarly oriented. If you are looking to alleviate sharp pains you can roll the yin side of your tool to help balance the yang energy. If the sensation is considered to be more of a dull ache, you can roll the yang side of the tool to help balance the excess yin energy. Some back pain can also be related to kidneys through excess dehydration, which affects your chi life force. Focusing on the kidney points along the sides of the nostrils can help balance this sensation, along with drinking extra water to support the kidneys.
You will notice a feeling of relief on the tenderness of the nose, and you may also experience relief of the pains overall. Because it works to stimulate blood flow, over time facial reflexology treatments can help improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Use this facial & organ mapping tool to apply pressure and find relief on the different points of your face:
- Diminishes signs of ageing
- Improves your face contour
- Brightens the complexion
As its name suggests, it makes use of natural, friction derived, low-voltage electrical current to stimulate collagen and elastin production in your skin. It also repairs damaged tissues and re-educates the facial muscles to become firmer and tighter. The massage benefits provided by this fabulous little beauty tool include significantly improving product penetration so they are able to work more efficiently. (The skin is more responsive to active ingredients in your products when absorbed at collagen level).
Manipulating the skin also boosts its wound-healing response, which can translate to taut skin and minimised wrinkles. Our face produces 100 times more collagen than our bodies, so this gentle massage will kick-start our skin’s natural ability to heal itself, resulting in improved skin tone and hydration.
How Does It Work?
- The 3D ball rollers with raised triangular texture effectively firm and lift your skin, activating your skin cells, improving blood circulation and speeds up skin cell turnover rate for a fresher, more youthful appearance.
How To Use
- Use daily to promote lymphatic drainage to reduce puffiness
- Can be safely used on face and body
- Use on the body as part of a cellulite treatment, to firm and lift the skin
It’s worth deciding which skin tool is best suited for your skin concerns and daily routine so that you can enjoy it’s maximum benefits! You can find all of the incredible skin tools above at The Olio Store.