They look beautiful in any home and add a sense of ambiance to your space. But are there actually healing properties attributed to using an air humidifier? Well, Humidifier therapy adds moisture to the air to prevent dryness that can cause irritation in many parts of the body. Humidifiers can be particularly effective for treating dryness of the skin, nose, throat, and lips. They can even ease some of the symptoms caused by the flu or common cold.
But here are some more unknown benefits of using a humidifier:
- Stops bloody noses
- Eases headaches
- Loosens mucus inside the airways and lungs
- Eases the symptoms of bronchitis
- Helps to alleviate nasal allergies
- Alleviates breathing problems caused by airway congestion
To add to the benefits of using a humidifier with water, you can include a natural antibacterial, anti fungal and antiviral solution like San-O-Tizer’s Hypochlorous Acid to help kill any nasties in your airways or the room.
If you feel you could benefit from using a Steam Humidifier for your cold/flu symptoms, here’s a quick how-to:
1. Turn on a timer
2. Shut your eyes and slowly lower your head toward the steam until your face is about 30cm away from the humidifier. Be careful to avoid making direct contact with the steam especially if you are using warm water
3. Inhale slowly and deeply through your nose for at least two to five minutes
4. Don’t steam longer than 10 to 15 minutes for each session. However, you can repeat steam inhalation two or three times per day
Note: Steam vaporizers can get dirty with germs quickly, so you’ll need to wash it often to prevent bacterial and fungal growth. Wash the bucket and filter system every few days during use, too.
In short, Air Humidifiers are definitely worth investing in and can help considerably with dryness and irritation.
Because you never know when a seasonal cold might catch you, shop The Olio Store’s Mini Air Humidifier. It is portable, has two levels of concentrated flow spray, high water mist, fine atomization, a large capacity water tank design with an ambient light that can even be used as a night light.